Monday, February 8, 2010

The first month...

Yesterday, my little Noah turned one month... Did I miss something!?!  I seriously feel like I just got home from the hospital.  I meant to get a picture of him to mark the occasion, but it didn't happen.  Maybe I'll get one today.  Here's a couple recent ones:
 

The first couple weeks went like a dream... I'm think I must have been on an adrenaline high or something.  Or maybe I was just SO glad to not be pregnant anymore.  We made it to church, on time, when Noah was only 10 days old.  I ventured out to Mom's group, the library, and the grocery store all by myself with both kiddos.  My house was clean, dinner was made, and the laundry washed, folded, and put away.  I even started Anthony on his first week of school and removed his naptime diaper (one more diaper left!).  And then last week happened...

Monday I woke up with Mastitis and was knocked flat on my face.  If you've ever experience this, you know how tough it is to function... fever, chills, body aches, nausea, and pain... oh the pain!  All while taking care of a newborn (and two year old).  I was lucky enough to experience this 7 times while breastfeeding Anthony, so thankfully I was able to catch it pretty early on before it got really bad.  However, after 2 days of antibiotic, I still wasn't feeling better.  So into the doctor's office, the lab, and lactation I went.  Four hours later, I was finally able to head home.  Thank goodness my hubby was available to come with us!  I am finally feeling better, and praying I don't have to go through this again.

Little Noah has developed some pretty bad reflux and was started on medication this week... however it takes a couple weeks to start working, and right now, it seems to be getting worse every night.  I feel so bad for him knowing he's in pain, and there's nothing I can do.  Thankfully, his reflux doesn't include too much vomitting; it's more on the "silent" side...coughing, choking, grunting.  After each feeding he has to stay upright for at least a half hour, making for some long nights.  My new bedtime is now officially 7:30pm.  As long as I get to sleep around then, I can wake up the next day feeling fairly rested and able to function without feeling too overwhelmed.  I think Anthony appreciates me getting some rest too, so that I have enough patience to handle a very energetic and curious two year old.

Anthony is still completely in love with his brother
 
They ended up with matching jammies, from 2 different people... of course I had to take a picture!

 
And Anthony has been practicing taking care of Noah with his potty training doll... very cute, although Dad's not a huge fan of his son playing with a doll :)
I'm very glad today is a new day, and a new week at that.  I have been reading in Matthew, and have been encouraged by some great promises, and challenged by His words.  My favorite promise right now is of course Matthew 11:28 "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (doesn't rest sound wonderful!  It's also what Noah's name means), and I have been the most challenged by Matthew 5:15 "Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house."  It goes on to say "In the same way let your light shine before men...," but I was challenged by the idea of being a light in my own house.  Yes, I am tired, and yes, I haven't been feeling well, but I'm sure Jesus often felt the same too.  I want to be a light in my own house, so that when I am doing so outside of my house, it is because that's who I really am, not who I am trying to appear to be.  Does that make sense?  Anyways, I am really enjoying my devotions right now, and they are definitely bringing life to me during a time I am feeling rather drained.

Well, since the little one is asleep with Daddy right now, I am off to play with my Anthony!

1 comment:

Nikki Cupcake said...

he is too cute! congrats on the baby