Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pardon My Absence!

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted anything!  I really don't have ANY excuse.  I've had 6 weeks of bed rest, meaning I should have had all the time in the world to write.  And although I really despise being stuck in bed, it was very relaxing having some much needed alone time.  I can't remember the last time I had time to myself that I didn't use cleaning or cooking.  And other than some sewing, I pretty much just laid and did nothing for 6 weeks.  I didn't even really have the TV on.  It was just quiet.  It's going to be a long time until I experience that again :)

I've been off bed rest for 2 weeks now, and the past week has been an interesting one.  I took a trip into labor and delivery on Monday around 5am.  After being monitored for about an hour I dilated from a 2 to a 4!  They had me get up and walk for 2 hours, checked me again, and no change.  They decided to send me home for a nap and some lunch, and told me I'd be coming back in that evening to have the baby.  HA!!!  My mother-in-law flew out right away, stayed for a week, and guess what?  Still no baby!!! 

So now I'm waiting again.  The house is clean, the car is packed, and I am going crazy.  I had a very fast labor with Anthony, only 6 hours from the time they induced me until he was born, so I am VERY nervous about not making it to the hospital in time or being able to get an epidural.  Especially since my contractions never hurt until my water was broke.

So there's a baby update for you.  Nothing too exciting, but I know I'll enjoy looking back at this one day.  So I guess it's more of an update for me :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!  Maybe I'll post about ours later...

4 comments:

CanadianMama said...

Oh, good to hear you got to go off of bed rest! Good luck Laura - post an update when you can :)

Stockpiling Mom said...

Following you from MBC!

http://www.stockpilingmom.com

~Shelley~ said...

Good Luck to you on your pending arrival! Hope everything goes well :)


Following from MBC! I'd love for you to come visit my blog!

~Shelley

JennyMac said...

bed rest...ouch. My girlfriend was on bed rest for 2 months. Glad you are up and about now! Sending positive thoughts.