Friday, December 4, 2009

Quick Update and a Sneak Peak


I probably don't have any reason for disappering on here, being I'm on bedrest and everything, but I guess I just haven't had much to say or had any fun new projects to post about.

I had an OB appointment on Tuesday, and an ultrasound.  I am no longer on strict bed rest, but am not really supposed to do anything either.  I guess I think of it as being allowed to sit some instead of strictly laying flat.  The baby is still measuring big... over 6 lbs to be exact!!!  I am 33 weeks right now, so if I go to 40 weeks I am looking at having a 10 lb baby.  Anthony was 7 lbs 10oz, bigger than expected, and the dr says I won't be able to deliver a baby much bigger.  SO, they're going to do another ultrasound in 3 weeks and see how things are looking.  Then we'll discuss a plan from there.  I want to avoid a C-section if at all possible.  My body does NOT heal quickly and in past surgeries I've always reacted poorly to the meds they give you.  So being induced early may be an option, especially since Anthony was only a 6 hour labor.  They don't really want me going into labor at home since I am likely to have a very fast labor.  I am very ready to be done being pregnant and hope it will be safe for me to deliver soon.

Here's a sneak peak at the sweet little guy growing inside of me... reminds me this is all worth it :)


2 comments:

Richele said...

WOW...Isn't that amazing! When I got an ultrasound like that I almost cried seeing my little baby! Your baby is just beautiful! Makes me want to get pregnant again! Don't worry, the feeling will pass as soon as I click "publish this comment". lol

CanadianMama said...

Aww, I LOVE the 4D ultrasounds - so cool!

Good luck with everything!