Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rest

Last week, if you asked me what I needed the most right now, I would have said rest.  Rest from housework, chasing after a 2 yr old, cooking, people, etc.  Being pregnant, and a wife and mommy, is hard work!  I would've said I'd love nothing more than to curl up in my bed for a few days and just be left alone.  Apparently I must have prayed and asked Jesus to give me this.  And since I have such a loving and giving Father, he blessed me with what I asked for, just not quite how I was hoping.

Monday I was put on full bed rest.  It appears this little guy inside of me is just as anxious as his big brother was to come out and play.  (I was on bed rest from weeks 26-37 with Anthony)  Thankfully, I have not started to dilate yet and I am in week 30, not 26.  That means I am only looking at 7 weeks down, not 11 weeks like I did with Anthony.  This really isn't that comforting though... 7 weeks is still horrible in my opinion!  They have me on a muscle relaxant to help keep me from contracting; I am not a fan of how it makes me feel.

We were able to fly my Mom out on Monday to help care for Anthony.  She'll be here for 8 days, then Tony will be home for a few days, and then his mom will be coming out for a week.  After that, I'm not sure what the plan is. 

I am not prepared for baby's arrival yet.  I was stressed about this before being put on bedrest, so my mind is racing now.  I actually can't even write about it right now... I kind of forget to breathe when I start thinking about it.

Other than not having anything ready for baby yet, the timing is horrible.  I will be spending these days in bed: Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas, our anniversary, and New Year's.  Not to mention all the holiday parties and gatherings we'd been invited to, and my cousin's wedding.  Blah.  I just hope it starts snowing soon, so I can at least enjoy looking out the windows at that all day.

Well, that's my update and rant for today.  Back to doing... nothing!

5 comments:

mommywonderland said...

I'm so sorry your on bed rest! I hope your lil one stays put and you will get the rest you need. I wish I was there to help you! God does have an interesting sense of humor doesnt he?

CanadianMama said...

my comment to your bed rest - sorry and congrats!
I was put on bed rest for three days due to early labour signs. I remembered the first day was wicked and after that I was begging my doc to send me back to work!

I guess now you have more time to blog though :))

Quirky Momma said...

Bedrest is no fun! I was on it for three miserable weeks! Hopefully, it will go by quickly for you!

Following via MBC! Glad to have found you! I am quirkymomma.com

CanadianMama said...

Hi Laura,
Thanks for your comment on my Cuba post, can you do me a favor and add an email to this blog so I can email you a response - I've got lots to say LOL!

Or you can email me at canadianmama at shaw dot ca

Thanks!

Laura said...

alright, I think I've got my email added now. I didn't even realize it wasn't on there :)