Monday, November 2, 2009

Newborn Sleeper

Yesterday morning I came across a new blog: This Mama Makes Stuff.  She has a tutorial for turning a T-shirt into a newborn nightgown, and I fell in love :)  I had set aside one of Tony's old t-shirts when working on his quilt... a cute baseball shirt from when he was little with Collazo across the back.  I decided the front of his shirt would be perfect for this project, so I got to work!  I wish I had a before picture... all of our cameras in the house happened to be dead at the same time.  (What are the chances of that!?!?)  Here's my after though:



I love it!  I think I will have to start watching for shirts at the thrift store so I can make some more.  These would be a fun addition to the baby blankets I usually make for shower gifts.

The back of the shirt I'm saving for another project for Anthony.  Thinking it will make a great Christmas gift for him.  You'll have to wait for that one though!

2 comments:

The Durhams said...

What's the website?

Laura said...

you should just be able to click on the link, but it's http://thismamamakesstuff.blogspot.com/.