Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My baby is not so little anymore...

Today I came to the realization that my little guy is well, not so little anymore. Yesterday, the above took place. I left him for 30 seconds, of course right after his bath, and came back to find this. I laughed so hard! There's no way that I could even be mad about it... and taking this picture just made me laugh even harder as I watched him cover himself. Today he did quite a few things that had me laughing too.

First thing this morning he saw a box of doughnuts sitting on the counter leftover from Saturdays garage sale. He asked for one, and I explained that they weren't good anymore (unless you enjoy eating rocks I suppose). A little bit later I moved the box down next to the garbage can, and put a box of recycling on top of it. I figured he wouldn't notice it if it was underneath stuff. Wrong! A few minutes went by, and in he came with a half eaten doughnut. "Anthony... No! That's garbage! It's icky!" "No," he said, "that's silly!

We had a few errands we needed to run today, all in the same parking lot, but several different stores. As we were walking from the vitamin store to Walmart, Anthony asked where we were going. I pointed to Walmart and told him "over there." He replied, "No, actually we go in there." (pointing to Quizno's) How many 23 month olds use the word "actually"? It was pretty funny to hear coming out of his little mouth.

This evening, I was working on folding laundry and packing for this week. Anthony came up to me with his toy pliers and asked if he could "Give Mommy haircut?" He proceeded by grabbing a chunk of hair, pretending to cut it, and saying "that's better." When he decided he was finished, he looked at me and said, "That hair-do handsome dude!" Where in the world did he come up with that??? I got him to say it on camera for me.... note his outfit though. We were trying on clothes to see what fit him still, and he refused to let me take this off of him. He said "I look like Daddy."

video

1 comment:

Christina said...

He is *so* stinkin' cute!

Are you feeling better??