Friday, May 29, 2009

Focus Friday

Focus Friday

It's been a few weeks since I've posted, but I promise, I have good reason!

Last time I joined in on Focus Friday, my goals were to take a 2 week break from the TV and computer, to spend time studying Ruth, Esther, and Proverbs, and to work on becoming a better wife. I did great cutting out the TV, but the computer definitely proved to be way harder. I couldn't fast it 100%... bills had to be paid, and some emails just had to be sent. But let me tell you how easy it is to get side tracked! I read through Ruth and some of Proverbs, but as far as actually studying them, not so much. I think I am still moving in the right direction when it comes to being a better wife. Of course I still have horrible days where I am far from where God wants me to be, but it is more and more becoming a conscious thought of how I should be acting. If I can change my thoughts, I know my actions are going to continue to follow. It's a process. It takes time to change habits, and I'll get there soon. I am finding it harder though now that I'm pregnant. (For those of you who missed out on my last post, that's right, I'm pregnant.) I forgot how unstable the hormones make you emotionally! Not that I can use them as an excuse, but wow, do things just come out of no where sometime.

My main goal for this week is really out of my control, but I'm praying for some sort of miracle! I had hyperemesis with my last pregnancy, and was hospitalized for a week during week 7 of my pregnancy. I am quickly approaching this day, and with how I've been feeling the past couple days, am not feeling very optimistic. Please Lord keep me healthy!!!

Some more realistic goals:

1- enjoy as much time as possible with Tony and Anthony... things get tough for everyone when Momma's sick!
2- not stress about the housework, but do what I can to keep on top of the necessities (laundry, dishes, vacuuming)

And with that, I'm headed back to bed.

2 comments:

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

Congratulations and take care of yourself, you sound like you are doing an amazing job and what gift you are giving your husband ( not just baby #2)

Kris said...

I hate preggo hormones....congratulations though!! Just stopping by for my first Friday Focus--hope you stop by my place!