Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I'm back... hopefully!

Okay so it has definitely been way too long since I've posted anything. Everyday I think to myself, "I have got to get on here and post something!" Yet weeks later, still nothing. But finally, here I am! I don't even know where to start... there are so many things going on right now.

We took a quick trip to Kalispell, MT for Tony's work. I'd never been to Montana, and as you can see, it was absolutely gorgeous! The following week we went to Kennewick for 4 days. Last week and this week Tony is in Montana again. It's been a crazy month, and I miss having my husband home.

I sewed with a pattern for the first time. Wow... so much easier than trying to make it up as you go. It was amazing to have all of my seams line up perfectly. I LOVE how this turned out and had so much fun making it, I bought fabric for another. I didn't take pictures yet, but I also followed a couple tutorials online for a wipes case and wristlet to go inside. I had a lot of extra fabric, so I thought it'd be fun to try out some new things



We're remodeling (took out a window and door, added a sliding glass door, will soon be adding a bedroom and more formal dinning room, and eventually a 2nd bathroom) and started re-siding the house. (Sorry these pictures got reversed)




I know I still need to post about our trip to the Dominican Republic, but that deserves a post of it's own. Hopefully I will get to that this week.

Other than that, I've been busy chasing Anthony around. We're still potty training him... only have him in a diaper when he's sleeping. I'm glad I keep with it and didn't give up a couple weeks ago when I was tired of cleaning up pee and poop from the floor. He's almost got it down now, and I love the money we're saving on diapers. He's talking like crazy! Saying complete sentences now, and using more Spanish too. He only asks for milk in Spanish: "Bebo Leche."

I'm also working on planning a benefit dinner for Legado, the school our friends our starting this fall in the Dominican Republic, a Beth Moore Bible Study on the Fruit of the Spirit, and have a meeting this week with a lady at World Relief to talk about how we (and our church) can start working with the incoming Refugees from Cuba (something we did before at our previous church with Refugees from Burma).

So there's a quick rundown. I feel so much better now having finally written something. Hopefully, I'll find time to keep on top of it. We'll see...

1 comment:

Christina said...

yippee! an update!!

Looks like you've got some fun stuff going on around there... though I know remodeling projects can be a big pain in the tooshie while they're happening.

What pattern is that? I like the bag!!

...can't wait for a post about your trip...