Friday, February 27, 2009

Focus Friday

Focus Friday

This weeks goals went pretty well. We're in Olympia now, so I obviously got the packing done, and we actually left with the house clean!!! I always want for this to happen, but it never does. I am looking forward to returning home to everything in order. I didn't get the quilts finished. Not because I didn't have time, but because I just did not feel like doing them. I'm so burned out from all the baby quilts I made this last year that I just have no desire to finish the few that I need to. Anthony is doing better with the potty training. Today we ate lunch at a restaurant and he asked to go all by himself. He's been accident free so far today, so I hope he keeps it up!

This week I will be in the Dominican Republic, so I don't really have any goals other than to not get sun burnt :o) Actually, I really hope to be able to invest into the lives of those we will be down there serving, and to learn a lot about what it's like to bring your family onto the mission field. I also hope to improve my Spanish, and become more comfortable speaking it with someone other than my husband.

That's it for this week... next week I'll be posting from the beautiful DR. That is if we have power that day...

5 comments:

Christina said...

Have a fabulous time!! ...and are you in Olympia after you get back too? Or is time pretty limited?

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

Sounds like fun we went to DR for our honeymoon so beautiful but so poor! I did mission work in Kingston, Jamaice what an amazing and rewarding experience. Enjoy!

Laura said...

Christina- We are trying to work it out so we can stay a couple days in Olympia when we get back. If we can make it happen I'd love to see you!

The Durhams said...

It's going to be GREAT for you guys to be back overseas. Have so much fun!!!

Christina said...

Come home! I'm bored without my blogging buddy!!

...there's an award waiting for you over on my page.