Friday, August 1, 2008

TGIF... or maybe not

Tonight is Friday night. That used to mean something. Friends would be coming over or we'd be going out somewhere. I'd have a reason to get all fixed up. Not that I've let myself go or anything. I just miss getting all dolled up sometimes... like tonight. Instead I've got big plans of cooking dinner, cleaning the house, scrapping wall paper off my bedroom walls, and tending to a very cranky, teething son and a tired husband. Instead I wish I was putting on some hot shirt, my new jeans, some heels, and heading out for a drink and some dancing with my girlfriends. Too bad none of them live here.

Well, it's about that time to start cooking dinner....

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oh, sweet Laura, how I wish there were something I could do to ease your routine. Even if for just one night, which might make a world of difference.

Move closer to home, would you?? We could be mom buddies :o)

Now, I know that's not realistic, but I DO wish there were something I could do to offer you some encouragement, some peace, some comfort.

Be gentle to yourself... and let me know if you want to talk. I'm always here to listen.

Laura said...

Thanks... it ended up being an okay night. We went on a family bike ride, which is always fun. I really don't mind my 'routine' most of the time. Every now and then I just want to have some grown up time. I think that's normal though. My Mom's coming out for Labor Day to watch Anthony and Tony and I are going away for the weekend. Like you said... I think doing something not routine is going to make a world of a difference!