Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer Camp

This week is summer camp for the church that I grew up at, and since it is so close to home, I've been going out for the day to spend time with friends, worship, and enjoy some great speakers. Tonight a video was shown about letting go. It was an awesome video! One line really stood out to me though. It said something to the effect of "If I let go of all that I am, then who am I?" I'm not sure why it made such an impression on me, but it has sure been running through my head over and over again since I've heard it. Prehaps it's because lately I'm not really sure who I am anymore. Everything that I thought made up me, has changed since becoming married, moving, and having a baby. It makes me feel lost a lot of the time. Don't get me wrong though. I am very content with my life, and wouldn't change any of it for the world. But here I am... left to wonder "Who am I?" I don't have the answer yet, but I plan on finding out.

No comments: