Monday, July 21, 2008

A Princess Heart..

I started reading a book today that I haven't read in years called "Keeping a Princess Heart." I read this passage today, and it really stood out to me.

"The illusion of a sugary sweet world looks perfectly positive, and the darkness of the so-called real world seems honestly negative, so we rationalize that together they will balance out each other. It doesn't work that way. Two halves will never make a whole when both are illusions. We have "fake it" on one side and "get over it" on the other. Pick your poison - saccharin or arsenic; it's death either way."

I'm not quite sure what it is that I like about this. Maybe it's the fact that it just tells it like it is. It doesn't allow you to get caught up in some dream world thinking that everything will just work itself out. I mean, things do work themselves out, but not by you just pretending that everything is okay or ignoring that fact that everything is not okay. I tend to fall prey to both of these, and perhaps, this is why this quote stood out to me.


I haven't read the solution to this dilemma yet, and who knows, maybe it doesn't give one. But if it doesn't, I guarantee you I will be seeking out the answer. I do not want to live my life just "faking it" or "getting over it." What a miserable existence. I do not see any joy or peace in either of these lifestyles; both of which I want abundantly in my life. Romans 15:14 says, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." So maybe I just found my answer. Hope in God.

No comments: